Real Salt Lake 3, Toronto FC 0 | 2019 MLS Match Recap
The ball got rolling in the 14th minute via Damir Kreilach, who easily slammed home a cross from Albert Rusnak after some poor TFC defending in the 18-yard box. The lead then grew to 2-0 in the 28th minute via Sebastian Saucedo, who blasted home his first of the season from 25 yards out with a cool-as-you-like golazo.
As Toronto brought on Jozy Altidore at halftime, any hopes of a comeback were squelched when Jefferson Savarino made it 3-0 in the 60th minute, outmuscling Justin Morrow on a ball over the top. Matters then went from bad to worse for Toronto, as a second yellow card to Alejandro Pozuelo prompted the playmaker’s first red card in MLS.
- 14' – RSL – Damir Kreilach | WATCH
- 28' – RSL – Sebastian Saucedo | WATCH
- 60' – RSL – Jefferson Savarino | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: This was a dominant performance from RSL from start to finish, one that pushed the home side above .500 at Rio Tinto Stadium. For a team that’s struggled with consistency all season long, the match also marked back-to-back wins for the second time this season. Toronto, meanwhile, was a step off the mark with tired legs and dropped to 0-3-1 in their last four matches. This wrapped up a stretch of five games in 15 days for the Reds.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Sebastian “Bofo” Saucedo doesn’t score often – he entered Saturday’s game with four career goals – but they tend to be golazos when he does. This one was a beauty, as the RSL winger cut inside several times before sending a curler past Quentin Westberg from 25 yards out.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: With several options in the attacking third, Saucedo sometimes gets lost in the thick of it for RSL. But the Homegrown Player was electric in his second straight start with an early Goal of the Week presented by AT&T contender and an assist on Savarino’s goal. Aside from buzzing around all afternoon, he also drew the red card on Pozuelo.