DC United vs. Chicago Fire | 2019 MLS Match Preview
2019 MLS Regular Season — Week 14
D.C. United vs. Chicago Fire
Audi Field — Washington D.C.
May 29 - 8:00 PM ET
STREAMING: MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US, on DAZN in Canada
Two longtime rivals coming off draws against Eastern Conference foes square off at Audi Field when D.C. United host the Chicago Fire Wednesday night.
D.C. United (7-4-4) needed a late Wayne Rooney penalty kick to secure a 1-1 draw against the 10-man New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium. Although the Black-and-Red remain atop the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of the second-place Philadelphia Union, it's three consecutive games without a win for Ben Olsen's squad.
The Fire (4-5-5) picked up points at SeatGeek Stadium for the sixth consecutive match in a 1-1 draw with New York City FC Saturday afternoon. CJ Sapong opened the scoring for the Fire with his fifth goal of the season, a goal awarded via Video Review after it was initially called back for offside. However, Alexandru Mitrita leveled for the Cityzens 12 minutes later on a long-distance strike.
- Injury Report:
- OUT: Oniel Fisher (D) - knee surgery
- OUT: Joseph Mora (D) - broken jaw
- OUT: Donovan Pines (D) - knee sprain
- QUESTIONABLE: Antonio Bustamante (M) - knee injury
- Suspended: Paul Arriola (M)
- Suspended after next caution: None
- International duty: Chris Durkin (M)
- Injury Report:
- QUESTIONABLE: Nico Gaitan (M) - thigh injury
- Suspended: None
- Suspended after next caution: Francisco Calvo (D)
- International duty: None
Series Matchup at D.C. United
- D.C. United: 16 wins, 56 goals
- Fire: 9 wins, 40 goals
- 5 draws
- Referee: Armando Villarreal
- Assistant Referees: Apolinar Mariscal, Ian McKay
- 4th Official: Matt Franz
- VAR: Geoff Gamble