New York Red Bulls 4, Real Salt Lake 0 | 2019 MLS Match Recap
On a night where there was a post-match fireworks display, the New York Red Bulls provided plenty of fireworks in the second half with three goals in a six-minute span to cruise to a 4-0 win over Real Salt Lake at Red Bull Arena Saturday night.
In the 64th minute, an open Murillo received a ball from Alex Muyl, cut the ball back to his left foot and fired a deflected shot in from 10 yards out to make it 3-0.
- 58’ — RBNY — Marcelo Silva (OG) | WATCH
- 59’ — RBNY — Daniel Royer | WATCH
- 64’ — RBNY — Michael Murillo | WATCH
- 83’ — RBNY — Omir Fernandez | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: There was a sense of inevitability in this one and it was a matter of when, not if, the Red Bulls score. And once they did, it seemed like the final could have been 7-0. New York make it three wins in a four-match unbeaten streak, while RSL lost a second straight on their East Coast road trip.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The smoke hadn’t even cleared from the opening goal, when Royer doubled the Red Bulls lead with this goal.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Kaku was a threat throughout with probing passes. Some didn’t result in goals, but he was buzzing throughout, perhaps extra motivation coming from being left off Paraguay’s Copa America roster.