New England Revolution 1, Toronto FC 1 | 2019 MLS Match Recap
Gustavo Bou's 86th minute equalizer rescued a point for the Revs, though it's one Quentin Westberg will want back. Bou took aim from 20 yards out but his shot was right at Westberg at a comfortable speed, though it got through the keeper's grasp into the back of the net.
Turner had kept his side in the game before TFC's breakthrough, making an astonishing double save in the first half. The American keeper was left 1v1 with a surging Alejandro Pozuelo, but Turner swatted a hard-hit shot with his left hand before palming away Benezet's curling shot 10 seconds later.
- THE BIG PICTURE: It was a huge six-pointer around the playoff line in the Eastern Conference, but both teams will have to settle with just a point, with New England remaining a point ahead of Toronto for the final two playoff places out East.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Bou's sixth goal in eight MLS appearances rescued the Revs.
- MAN OF THE MATCH. Despite not getting the clean sheet, Matt Turner had another great game in goal, a number of game-saving stops.
- NE: Saturday, Sep. 7 at NYCFC (3:55 pm ET | Univision in US, MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)
- TOR: Saturday, Sep. 7 at FC Cincinnati (7:30 pm ET | TSN in Canada, MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US)