Inter Miami CF 3, Orlando City SC 2 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
Carranza opened the scoring in the 12th minute on a quick counter after a turnover in midfield, taking a touch into the box off a feed from Pizarro and beating Pedro Gallese inside the near post.
Daryl Dike responded with his first MLS goal six minutes later to level for the Lions. The forward powered into the box and followed up the rebound of his first saved shot and a second blocked effort with a deflected attempt past Luis Robles.
Carranza’s second MLS goal came five minutes later, latching onto a long Ben Sweat cross and lofting his headed attempt across goal and in from just inside the six.
Pizarro fired home a first-time goal from 12 yards out in the 49th minute to extend the expansion side’s lead and the Mexican international nearly added his second moments later, but he put his attempt off the back post.
- 12’ — MIA — Julian Carranza | WATCH
- 18’ — ORL — Daryl Dike | WATCH
- 23’ — MIA — Julian Carranza | WATCH
- 49’ — MIA — Rodolfo Pizarro | WATCH
- 80’ — ORL — Nani | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: They’d take a first-ever MLS win any way they could get it, but after five one-goal defeats, to take three points in a one-goal win surely makes it sweeter. And that it comes against an Orlando City squad that rallied late to beat them at MLS is Back? Yeah, all the feels.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: There were first MLS goals, but the nod goes to Pizarro for a goal that ended up being the winner, but more so for a unique celebration that is truly a sign of our times.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Carranza made the most of his start, scoring his first two MLS goals to set the tone on Inter Miami CF’s historic night.